Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Phenolic Handles

Terry Coombs wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 21:19:29 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Early color TV sets switched from a 1V2 tube to a long thin stack of
selenium pellets in the focus circuit. They had a very high forward
drop, and could not be tested with the equipment sold to TV shops.

Boy, that brings back memories. Dad and I went down to the local TV
repair shack and tested the tubes for our family TV set, bought a
couple, and returned home to fix the TV. That was back when I was a
13 year old kid and Dad was flying for the Vegas run for Princess
Airlines. IIRC, tubes were expensive for that high-tech -color- TV
in '66. That's back when you could test the tubes for free, and if
they all checked out, they would have you deliver the set for actual
repair by someone qualified. g

I was repairing color TVs at 13.

I was bolting lawn mower engines to bicycle frames . Got a dandy 2
stroke mini-tiller engine out there ...

I was making $1 an hour after school and on Saturday, along with
lads of used B&W TVs for free. I fixed a lot of them, and sold them to
the kids at school. That was a ready market in the mid '60s!

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.