SkyBlue

Default ok, my problem seems to be with the furnace fan constantly running

You have a furnace to keep warm and an AC to keep cool. There is a cost
associated with that. Part of the cost, in a forced air system, is the
fan. Professional HVAC engineers whose specialty was commercial units
for office buildings and manufacturing plants, convinced me years ago
that running the fan continuously, and letting the heat or AC cycle on
and off as required, was the best way to operate a commercial or home
system. They all ran their home fans full time. So did their servicemen.
(In those days they were all servicemen, today they are probably service
persons.) We have not turned ours off except for maintenance since.
This results in more uniform temperatures throughout your house, plus
your air is continuously circulating and filtering. You get used to the
sound of the fan, and it is not objectionable. You are not aware when
the heat or AC kicks in. There are no dramatic swings in the temp. And
because your motor is not starting and stopping, it probably lasts
longer.

Since yours has been running constantly for whatever reason, you already
have these advantages.

SkyBlue

"Mr. Mark" wrote:

its chewing up alot of electricity (1000 kw/h per month).
should it be running constantly? if not, how can i turn it off? and
should it be using this much electricity?