Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default Towerstat RF receiver failed?

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 12:44:04 GMT, Jeremy
m wrote:

replying to Graham., Jeremy wrote:
Yes of course it was not necessary to use the same make. However there are
not many options available for this value and specification (X2, 275V as you
say). I tried a Panasonic ECQU2A564KLA which is widely available but it was a
couple of mm too tall and it turns out that the couple of mm meant that it
pushed against the tops of the electrolytics on the other board and prevented
the unit from assembling properly. I did spend some time trawling for a
replacement before I discovered the 0.47uF ones, and I hoped it would be
regarded as a useful post in case anyone else has the same difficulties as me
in sourcing a capacitor that is physically small enough to fit.

Sorry I was rude Jeremy, but it was more frustration at Homeowners Hub
than you personally.

Hopefully this should explain why.
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Home_owners_hub
--