meirman

Default Whirlpool Washer trips circuit breaker in spin cylce

In alt.home.repair on 23 Aug 2003 09:42:31 -0700
(Mike) posted:

When our 19 year old washer goes into the spin cycle with a full load
it trips the panel circuit breaker. With half loads it will generally
work okay. Any ideas as to the cause. I suspect a motor problem.
Any other ideas?

I don't even know if washers have them, but if they have a capacitor
(condenser) in parallel with the motor, I'd suspect that before the
motor itself. Some can mounted on the motor, maybe. I probably
looked but I forget.

Meirman

If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.