Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Batteries make flashilight hot.

In sci.electronics.repair, on Fri, 24 Feb 2017 15:53:52 -0600,
wrote:

I have never had any of them get hot or cause any problems at all. I did

I don't think I had had that either, which is why I posted. Of course
maybe I'd never left it on so long before.

have a few with switch problems, but very few. Since I have plenty ones

I don't have as many as you, I've had maybe 10 total and 2 or 3 have had
the switch fail after very few uses. I expect the others to fail any
minute....

That's caused me to think, Don't wear out the switch, leave it on,
And that's what led to my leaving it on when I put it in my pocket!

Which might be the only reason it was warm.

with dead batteries, I just swap the batteries from one with a bad
switch to one that still works.