Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default Jitter on locked horizontal part of image - B&W transistorizedTEC monitor

On 26.02.17 23:06, John Robertson wrote:
I have an older monitor from a video game - and it has a jitter on the
horizontal lines on the screen (vertical is locked), yet I don't see
this jitter on the H Sync. Using a signal generator (Cross-Hatch, Dot,
etc.) and all outputs are the same. Game source also shows same jitter
on same screen.

It is not the WICO monitor signal generator as other B&W monitors show a
locked image.

Schematics he

http://www.flippers.com/pdfs/TEC_TM-...23_Monitor.pdf

Monitor has been recapped. Horizontal does lock, but jitter still present.

Suggestions appreciated!

Thanks,

John :-#)#

Sounds like the power supply is starting to fail.
Check the caps there, for bulging ca[p tops, and replace them.
While it is open, also check around the high voltage area,
and if you smell ozone, something is producing sparks.
Clean and replace bad caps.