Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is there any way to adjust this?

On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 1:11:05 PM UTC-5, wrote:
"For the record, all your glib little bits and phrases are kinda-sorta stupid and hollow when viewed - I am a born-again liberal who has built a great many things, from aircraft and nuclear parts carrying my signature that kept *you* alive, to structural designs for historic renovations that are now 'in the book' and included in NFPA, UL, BOMA, UBC and other standards and codes, and much more - things that actually affect lives. What have you done? "

Well apparently you have done more. I'll bet that when you did these things you had a more conservative view, that is that you wouyld like to keep your earnings and not have them taken awaty and given to people who hate you, foir your freedom abnd democracy, ostensibly.

But you know, that is true. The People of Iran hate our freedom and ddemocracy because we deposed their President. The People of Venezuela love us for pretty much the same reason, and in fact most of South America does and that is why we pay more for sugar and they have to put HFCS and aspartame in the foood here, which are both more harmful.

And when you spout about "things that have actually affect lives" what that means is "That have actually affected deaths".

"We get exactly the government we deserve, as we vote them in time after time after time, and every part and piece of our government devolves back to those elected "representatives" as by deliberate choice or by neglect, they permit all those parts and pieces to continue. "

You seem to miss the point there. Peoploe got out and voted for Trump, and that was mainly to tell the liberals that we no longer want our money stolen and given to people who hate us.

I do admit that as time has gone on, my views have become a bit more liberal. But as in my entire life I have never missed a meal except by choice, nor slept anywhere except by choice, I never been too cold or too hot, except by choice, and barring the apocalypse it will be so for the rest of my natural life, and likely, that of my children's children should the world last so long (dubious) - I duly recognize the level of privilege I have enjoyed.. And as I have observed at first hand poverty that one typically sees only in begging mail from NGOs I also realize how fragile my position actually is.

For us as Western North Americans to live as we do, 70% of the world *MUST* live as they do. As, there is neither the energy, food, water or air enough to go around. And if that 70% ever gets smart enough (and they are working on it) or powerful enough (when we stop buying their leaders), or angry enough (and they are working on that as well), if we continue as we seem to be going along an isolationist track - we will pretty much instantly cease to live as we do without military intervention.

China needs us for but only so long - as long as we remain a reliable market for their goods and services, and for as long as our technology remains significantly better than theirs and our productivity remains sufficiently better and broader than theirs. Similarly, every other nation on this planet that sells us any of the many things we do not make for ourselves and cannot make for ourselves. LCD screens being one single example.

But when we cease to be reliable, they will quickly understand that we are _ONLY_5% of the population - and quite easily replaced at every level but arable land. And, we are now again starting to work on eliminating that advantage as well.

We need to be faster, smarter, better educated, harder working, more aware, better friends, worse enemies than any other nation on this planet if we expect to maintain our primacy. We are, increasingly, doing a wretched job of this.

And, perpetual whiners such as you are the manifest evidence of this failure.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA