Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Phenolic Handles

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 02:19:46 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Martin Eastburn wrote:
On bridges and rectifiers in general.

If the reverse voltage is high then the other specs are based
on the reverse voltage. e.g. the leakage currents and such.

It is generally best to buy the voltage range you use or just
higher. Those are made for that service.

Do you think that the people who bought surplus from RS even cared?

All I've ever heard from RS shoppers are cuss words over their $8.99
each prices on tenth-of-a-cent items.

You had to pay for the privilege of not stocking the parts you needed.

I was in one years ago, where some jerk was yelling that they should
have the Horizontal output transistor, damper diode and flyback he
wanted. Some fly by night, work out of their trunk 'TV repairman' no doubt.

I needed some Flux remover, and the only local parts house had
closed. It was a two hour round trip to their nearest branch so I could
buy cases of it at RS for less than the lost production time and travel
costs. These days I buy cans of brake cleaner at a liquidator.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.