Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Where does air come from in a sealed heating system?

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 09:46:13 GMT, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Onetap has brought this to us :
My Mum thought the electric leaked out of 3-pin sockets that were left
switched on with nothing plugged in. I pointed out the little plastic
shutters on the L & N pins that stopped the electric leaking out.

She grew up a long way from mains electricity.

My other half insists on turning the switch on a socket off, before
unplugging. She seems never to have come across unswitched 13amp socket
outlets.

I try to switch off - had 2 plugs come apart at the 'seam', back in the
early days of 'slim' plugs and suffered grazes from the fuse holder. Seen a
couple more done by others.
Hasn't happened for about 30 years now, but...
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away