Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Releasign Threadlocker w/o Wrecking Heat Treat?

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 15:26:07 GMT
Doug White wrote:

snip
4) I can certainly continue to leave the bolt soaking in paint stripper.

If you have the whole thing off couldn't you just place it in your oven
at say 400 deg?

When trying to transfer heat like that I've used solder before.
Depending on the solder you know you would be at 600 to 700 deg.
Usually those kinda of temps are used for tempering more so than
hardening from my understanding, which isn't much on that subject

I couldn't get your link to work but I found this with a general search:

http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/spppgp75.htm

Might help some others visualize your dilemma. I'm guessing it is item
26 on the exploded view page.

Oh and its an interesting gun. Wouldn't mind shooting it a few times ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b