Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where does air come from in a sealed heating system?

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 09:46:13 +0000, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Onetap has brought this to us :
My Mum thought the electric leaked out of 3-pin sockets that were left
switched on with nothing plugged in. I pointed out the little plastic
shutters on the L & N pins that stopped the electric leaking out.

She grew up a long way from mains electricity.

My other half insists on turning the switch on a socket off, before
unplugging. She seems never to have come across unswitched 13amp socket
outlets.

I do the same. Goes back to the memory of what happened once when I
didn't switch off first (a story I have related before). 2kW electric
fire, 15 amp plug, DC mains.

Arc, nearby newspapers...

I know there's no need now, but the habit is ingrained.