Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Will no output devie hurt output transistors?

Thanks for the reply pf, but I'm still interested in the questions.

Years ago, I was told not to play my stereo with no speakers, for fear
of somethun' or other. Of course that was 1968, a good year for audio.

Is this still an issue with current electronics, like audio amplifiers
and burglar alarm amplifiers?

So if I take the fuse out of the circuit to the sirens, but the siren
driver is still functioning, do I risk burning it out? Even if it's
like this for say, 20 hours? Or can it go like this with no harm to
itself?

(These 3 questions are still important regardless of whether I
disconnect the siren driver from the control board.)

But.. what if I disconnect the siren driver from the control panel
(which I did)? They're separate boards. Do I risk burning out the
output of the alarm control panel, if say it is run. again, 20 hours?
Or can it go like this with no harm to itself?