Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internetwireless,sci.electronics.repair
FrozenNorth[_9_] FrozenNorth[_9_] is offline

Default Do I still need to stock a crossover (Ethernet) cable anymore?

On 2017-02-25 7:32 PM, Jonas Schneider wrote:
Today I tried to hook up a Rocket M2 as a super powerful (miles) Wi-Fi
extension for my home router, when the POE light went out whenever I
plugged in the power cable. Huh?

Turns out it's a crossover cable, mixed up with the bunch of my other spare
Ethernet cables.

Do we even need crossover cables anymore?
Or did they go the way of 8-track players?

Most devices do not need cross over cables anymore, but there may still
be the odd one floating around out there.

--
Froz....