Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Where does air come from in a sealed heating system?

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 12:26:20 -0800 (PST), Onetap
wrote:

Was she like mine mine and thought electricity leaked from lamp
sockets if there was no bulb in them ?

G.Harman

My Mum thought the electric leaked out of 3-pin sockets that were left switched on with nothing plugged in. I pointed out the little plastic shutters on the L & N pins that stopped the electric leaking out.

She grew up a long way from mains electricity.

As did my gran, I do wonder if people of her generation Born(1901)
thought electricity was like gas which could leak out of fittings if
they were turned on but not lit.
OTOH my Gran would hve been in here teens when she first met gas when
she went into service.

Normally she was fairly practical and had a grasp of mechanical things
as her father owned a couple of traction engines as an agricultural
contractor.
G.Harman