Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jeremy Jeremy is offline

Default Towerstat RF receiver failed?

replying to JimK, Jeremy wrote:
I have had several Towerstat RF receivers fail and I am writing here with a
fix. The problem is a capacitor that becomes faulty. It is a large yellow
capacitor labelled Tenta 0.56uF on the circuit board. I was unable to find
this particular capacitor available online. A similar one from another
manufacturer was too large and stopped the unit fitting back together
properly. I solved it by using a 0.47uF Tenta capacitor which was physically
small enough that it worked. The small difference in value seems not to make
any difference to the operation.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ed-590959-.htm