Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Tommy MacDonald's new shop

On 2/23/2017 10:49 AM, Jack wrote:
On 2/22/2017 4:35 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 11:08:44 -0800 (PST)
MJ wrote:

While, Tommy is no Norm, he does some interesting projects, he's

who is he

A TV woodworker that appeals wimmin of all sexes...

and what does it mean to say that he is no norm

I think it means he doesn't use a nail gun to assemble everything.
He does use glue though, tons of it, dripping over everything, including
his hands, workbenches, work pieces...

Over the years, 30+, of woodworking I have learned to apply the right
amount of glue. I typically use just enough to see a slight bit of
squeeze out. Anything past that is a total waste.
I think a woodworker that had glue dripping everywhere is simply one
that has not learned to be efficient. Using too much glue not only
creates a mess but is a big waste of time. And like most anything else
wasted time is costly.

As far as using a nail gun, if you are doing this type work to sell
profitably, a nail gun is a big time saver. There is hardly a project
that I do that I do not use my pinner. As Norm ust'a say, to hold the
pieces until the glue dries. It is just smarter to use a pinner if it
eliminates having to use a clamp and you don't see the pin.

Probably has groupies cleaning up his messes