Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default Tommy MacDonald's new shop

On 2/22/17 12:08 PM, MJ wrote:
While, Tommy is no Norm, he does some interesting projects,

he's speech pattern is a bit off putting but he's a friendly guy according

to people I know who have worked with him. Currently, he's been showing a

series of shows where he's built a new shop. This week, we got a peak at
the equipment he's put into it.

Wow! He's got all top of the line, or appears to have, European style

equipment. Sliding table saw that is also a planner and joiner,

one of those huge sanders (kind like what Norm had), etc.

It's possible he's going to do more jobs outside of the show,

but chee-whiz it's hard to relate to a project when someone is

using equipment that is more expensive then the sum of all the tools in
my shop!

What do you think?

MJ

His sponsor is SCM, they make/sell all sorts of European style tools
(Minimax bandsaws are one of them).

I'd bet that he doesn't really own any of them.

My question is what kind of power does he have running to his shop. That
large drum sander must be 3-phase, probably over 10HP.
-BR