Default Dehumidifier

"Lacustral" wrote in message
can anybody help me with what kind to buy? I would like a dehumidifier as
quiet as possible. Also i want it to turn off when it's done
dehumidifying. If you put it in a humid room it should run until it's
taken moisture out to the target level, then STOP.

i bought a Whirlpool that doesn't do this. After it gets the humidity
down, the fan keeps on running. They could never fix it and i'm not sure
if this is a defect or an energy-efficiency feature.

I bought a Kenmore from Sears and got rid of it . . . put out too much heat
(ran on 700 watts) and sounded like the Second Coming. Would have been ok
in a cold cellar, but not for hot humid livingrooms.
--Tock