Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Modern car paint and rust

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 18:19:25 -0500, William Bagwell
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 19:02:55 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 20:06:08 -0500, William Bagwell
wrote:

Nice catch! But it has been done, though it was a slightly newer
Delorean not a 67 Pontiac.

Great Scott!
Heavy!

Where's my spare flux capacitor?

"They" have kits now.
http://geekologie.com/2014/12/30000-...conversion.php

Ouch! 30 grand is a bit out of my price range.

Yeah, probably out of the reach of most people, and the suppliers.
Mr. Fusions are really hard to source, but if they ever come out,
== I WANT ONE! ==

My Delorean story:

Back in the late 70s I bought a used Miller TIG welder. Mid 80s I
got married and needing cash sold it. The person who bought it was
from out of state and showed up in a rental truck. (Leaving out a
bunch here) Apparently in a hurry because he initially declined my
offer of the power disconnect switch. Big ugly thing that had been
re-painted, on top of *rust*, many years before...

A few days later he changed his mind and called me back asking for
the disconnect. I said sure, and he asked if I could meet his buddy
at a local mall. Friend shows up in a Delorean! We proceeded to
stick a nasty rusty flaking paint disconnect box in the trunk of a
(then) brand new car.

That's funny. They were cool and unusual cars...if you didn't do
coke.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/54600...-john-delorean

--
In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.
--Charles de Gaulle