Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony944 Tony944 is offline

Default Feds paid $1 billion in Social Security benefits to individuals without a SSN

"trader_4" wrote in message

On Friday, February 24, 2017 at 1:20:26 PM UTC-5, Tony944 wrote:
"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
k.net...

In article ,
says...

What is your total SSI. and CSRS. ??????

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message news
Oren wrote:
On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 08:25:39 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

I just filed for SS on Tuesday (age 65). I get a WOPING $80 a month
starting second week next month.

Something wrong if you paid in all your working life and that's all
you're getting back . I filed at 62 (just turned 65) and mine's a
little over 1200/mo .

Nope. I had the minimum 40 qtrs to file. Under my pension I wasn't
required to pay SS, I paid into my federal pension CSRS. In '83 the
FERS system required SS deductions but I stayed with CSRS. I had a SS
offset and Medicare comes out of my SS which reduced my SS amount. $80
will pay some bill though. My pension stays the same but I get that
pesky COLA ;-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Service_Retirement_System

"The Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) was organized in 1920 and
has provided retirement, disability, and survivor benefits for most
civilian employees in the United States federal government. Upon the
creation of a new Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) in 1987,
those newly hired after that date cannot participate in CSRS. CSRS
continues to provide retirement benefits to those eligible to receive
them.

CSRS is a defined-benefit plan, akin to a pension. Notably, though,
CSRS employees do not participate in Social Security (unless having
worked in the private sector beforehand, and then subject to
penalties).

Employees hired after 1983 are required to be covered by the Federal
Employees Retirement System (FERS), which is a three tiered retirement
system with a smaller defined benefit (pension), Social Security, and
a 401(k)-style system called the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP). The
defined benefits of both the CSRS and the FERS systems are paid out of
the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund, which had a
projected balance of $832 billion as of September 30, 2013."

I shoulda knowed . Dad worked CS from 1952 to 1978 (I think ir was
'78)
and had CSRS . Got dhowed the door on a medical , dunno how much he drew
per
month .

The SS rules are very funny. Friend worked a job on regular SS, his
wife worked for the VA Hospital. When they were both 65 he filed for SS
and his wife kept working but could get a sum equal to half his SS.
She worked to 70 and retired. Then her part of the SS quit and was then
under the government retirement plan. That way they picked up an extra
700 or 800 dollar a month for about 5 years. The woman had never paid
anyting to the SS.

The government raided the SS money, did they raid the CSRD fund ? Bet
not as that is government employees money.

*** So sorry that is Gov. Employee Entitlements which do not pay in ;
but people on SSI that paid in for they retirement that is not their
Entitlement????
Scum bag's in Washington can raped SSI as they like; Like G. W. Bush for
$1.7 Trillion
to fight his war in Iraq without returning it back to SSI fund.

More nonsense. There was no borrowing from the SS trust fund and no
need to pay it back. By law, SS has always been invested in US Treasury
securities, nothing there has changed. They could put the money into
a bank, it would be the same thing and just as secure.

Dear sir this is not new news that has being establish long go
So sorry to say you are full????