Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default [OT] Motion Sensing Light

Jack writes:
On 2/22/2017 11:02 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 10:02:16 AM UTC-5, dpb wrote:
On 02/22/2017 7:43 AM, Dave in SoTex wrote:

https://www.thisoldhouse.com/how-to/...s-light-switch

I couldn't find any way to actually find out what the device itself
is/who's the manufacturer...the page had so much ad copy never loaded
fully and the link to "purchase list" or whatever it was actually called
just self-directed to the same page.

You got the product info; what kind of range does the switch have; only
a few feet? I've kept eyes out for long-range switch for barn light
from house w/o having to wire it but it's 100 yds or thereabouts away...

--

Try this:

https://www.amazon.com/Basic-Wireles...s+light+switch

Is it just me or are Amazons prices on this way out of line? HD
apparently sells the same thing for around $15. $200+ for a $15 switch
and no green on it anywhere? For 14 times more money, I would expect
some green paint somewhere....

Perhaps you're comparing apples to oranges? The 15.10 GE wireless remote
wall switch is in no way comparable to the amazon offering that
you're comparing it to; amongst other things, they're designed
for different applications.