Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Ridge tile off roof

In article , Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
curious pretended :
Will get a local builder in when the weather is better to check all the
ridge tiles.Really just looking for a temporary seasonal fix.

I was a bit concerned about our ridge tiles seeing the winter through,
so I had a roofer take a look whilst he was fixing the chimney
flaunching. He said there is never a need to re-bed them, they just
re-point the edges without lifting them. He charged £70 for redoing them
all, end to end.

From the ground, our roofing man said they needed repointing (after 100
years) but on close inspection rebedded them. He wqas up there to replace
some dropped tikes.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England