Posted to alt.home.repair
John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt is offline

Default replacing felt lining on inside of a telescope cover?

On 02/23/2017 03:35 PM, R2D4 wrote:
I have a nice little telescope known as a Schmidt Cassegrain type.
That's not really important, but what is is that the front of it is
covered by a round metal cover. The inside edge of the round cover
normally has a very thin felt lining that helps make a soft seal
between the cover and telescope. The problem I'm having is that some
of this felt has either ripped or worn away, leaving gaps in the
supposed dust seal. What would be the best way for me to revamp
this? To me, it looks like the original felt was on an adhesive strip
and just pressed into place. The goal would be complete removal of
existing felt strip, cleaning the area, and applying new however that
would be done. Thank you in advance.

Amazon has peel and stick felt:

https://www.amazon.com/New-Image-Gro.../dp/B0026HR0U8