Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_] VanguardLH[_2_] is offline

Default How did my alarm code change when I never touched it

micky wrote:

DSC Power 832.

http://www.home-security-systems-ans...s-beeping.html

"... the alarm panel has detected one or more ´troubleˇ conditions.
These include things like battery trouble, ..."
and
"If your DSC home alarm is beeping due to this condition, the main panel
battery is low or failing."
and
"If you˙ve recently had a power outage, wait 24-48 hours after power is
restored. The battery may simply have discharged, and will recharge when
the electricity comes back on. If the beeping persists, the battery
probably needs to be replaced."

There is a link to:

http://www.home-security-systems-ans...m-battery.html

So there is a battery. Looks like you are supposed to add one. The
battery retains settings between power outages (but only however long
the battery can provide power).