Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default replacing felt lining on inside of a telescope cover?

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 19:19:19 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/23/2017 2:35 PM, R2D4 wrote:
I have a nice little telescope known as a Schmidt Cassegrain type.
That's not really important, but what is is that the front of it is
covered by a round metal cover. The inside edge of the round cover
normally has a very thin felt lining that helps make a soft seal between
the cover and telescope. The problem I'm having is that some of this
felt has either ripped or worn away, leaving gaps in the supposed dust
seal. What would be the best way for me to revamp this? To me, it
looks like the original felt was on an adhesive strip and just pressed
into place. The goal would be complete removal of existing felt strip,
cleaning the area, and applying new however that would be done. Thank
you in advance.

Do you have a photo of the box and felt?

Okie,

Seems to me he is asking about a lens cover, not a box. I think Ed
gave a good solution start.