Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default How to unbond bond

On 23/02/2017 17:05, dennis@home wrote:

Mine was professionally fitted too, they didn't use any sealant.
(yes I know you can DIY granite but there are limits to what I can move
and 30 mm granite is not light.)

The hob came with a rubber strip glued along the edge and that presses
on the worktop through the weight of the hob.

There are spring clips fitted to the sides but they are there to stop
lateral movement.

To remove it you take out the drawer underneath and push upwards, if you
try and leaver it out it will break.

Update, son sent this image as he managed to prise (sealant) some out,
trying to get info from him with more detail.