Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Kenmore Stoves

On 2/23/17 3:58 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 1:12:57 PM UTC-6, Frank wrote:
On 2/23/2017 11:15 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 08:11:09 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I have an old Kenmore stove that I need to replace and is Kenmore still a good brand?

Kenmore is not a brand. It is just Sears' way of rebadging someone
else's product. Since Sears is on the verge of being as dead as disco,
I think I would just go for a real brand name. (GE, Whirlpool etc)

Sears joined the walking dead years ago but don't be surprised to buy
another brand and find them belly up or sold out.

Sears failed to embrace The Internet as other retailers did early on. Sears management failed to get people to find a good reason to visit the brick and mortar stores. It's a real shame because it was a place the whole family looked forward to go shopping when I was a kid. I got my own set of Craftsman mechanics tools when I was a teen. My family had a charge account at Sears and we had all sorts products from Sears. The Sears catalog weighed a ton and was something I spent a lot of time perusing. I hate to see Sears sink. (^_^

https://www.forbes.com/sites/walterl.../#6119a5db19ac

http://tinyurl.com/jmvdmyb

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/13/sear...about_america/

http://tinyurl.com/nvotxvz

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

Yeah, a damn shame. Growing up, I used to go to the local Sears store on
Saturday mornings with my father and grandfather. I've still got and use
Craftsman hand tools we bought back in the 50's, including a bunch I
subsequently inherited,

Married and furnishing a new house with my starter-wife, we ordered lots
of stuff from the Sears sale catalogs that came out a few times a month.
Picked up our orders at the local store as there were no shipping
charges if you did that.

I kinda gave up on Sears years ago when they bagged the catalog division.

--
If 12 million+ illegal aliens from Mexico will help the US economy, why
didnt they help the Mexican economy before they left?