jim

Default Whirlpool Washer trips circuit breaker in spin cylce

John wrote:

If the breaker is of the same vintage, it could be a weak breaker. Can you
try plugging the washer into an outlet on a different circuit?

If you need to use an extension cord to do so, make sure it is a heavy duty
cord (14 gauge prefereble) and as short as possible.

The other easy possibility is something else sharing the same circuit
causing an overload?

--
John Warner
"Mike" wrote in message
m...
When our 19 year old washer goes into the spin cycle with a full load
it trips the panel circuit breaker. With half loads it will generally
work okay. Any ideas as to the cause. I suspect a motor problem.
Any other ideas?

also make sure you plug it into a 20 amp. line.....