Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default oneway 2436

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/tls/6011731966.html

Packard has this lathe new for about $6150. 2436 with 2HP motor, standard accessories. This guy wants to sell his extras and chuck separate. $4000 for a 16.5 year old lathe you can buy new for $6150? It looks used. Well used. Not saying that really affects this lathe. I believe they are quality and meant to be used forever. But it is definitely well used. Nothing new or fresh about it. He is asking for exactly 65% of brand new price. I sure wish I could sell everything I have owned for 16.5 years for 65% of today's new price. I suspect he paid pretty near $4000 16.5 years ago. So he has the idea he can use a machine for 16.5 years and get 100% of his money back. That rarely works in reality world. Maybe reality is different in San Francisco.

http://www.packardwoodworks.com/Merc...neway-20-24-ct