Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Electrical

On 02/22/2017 07:39 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 19:03:58 -0600, Sam E
wrote:

On 02/21/2017 03:04 PM,
wrote:

[snip]

I cannot picture a situation where I'd ever have two different gauges of
wire but after that one let loose on me I've always pre-twisted
first...then after the wire nut is on, tug on it to be sure all is
secure,,,then as a final precaution, tape it all up
I'd NEVEr tape a wirenut! My dad would have skinned me if I did!!.
He'd say" if you are not 100% sure it's right, a piece of tape ain't
go'nna fix it!!!

It would help in a situation where the electrical connection is good,
but the WIRENUT is loose.

That is a rare occurrence - particularly if it is done right. If you
need tape to keep your nuts in place, you have a problem - - -

I have already said that I do NOT have to tape, I triple check all

but tape anyway.