Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default [OT] Motion Sensing Light

On 2/21/2017 8:03 PM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
I know this is OT, but there is sufficient genius here that I'd take a stab
at this.

So the latest project is for a home where some rocket scientist
remodeled it (pretty well, actually), but failed to put a wall
switch in the laundry room. This is roughly a 10x10 area with the lamp
(a standard hallway style glass dome) more or less centered on it with
a pull string. This is untenable for the homeowner when it is dark.

I've tried the eSenLite - in fact two of them - and they have the same
defect - the delay timer to shutoff simply does not work. It either
shuts down after a few seconds or stays on for many minutes - the middle
adjustments don't work.

So - ideally - what I need is something that will fit into the existing
fixture as a bulb that will turn on- and off, strictly based on motion,
not ambient light. Failing that, a quality fixture replacement is not
out of the question.

Ideas?

Home Depot sells wireless light switches starting around $15. I have 2
ceiling fans with lights that have this wireless switch:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Universal...9110/203689999

It controls the lights with 3 settings and the fan with 3 speeds. They
have been working perfect for about 3 years now. I would expect the
light switch only would work just as well. Both fans have no other
switch, so if they fail and were used because it was a whole lot easier
than fishing wire.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com