Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default How to unbond bond

On 22/02/2017 23:05, wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 February 2017 21:57:20 UTC, ss wrote:

Ok I dont have access to this, email from son.
They have an induction hob and the hob has been bonded to the work top
at either side. Apparently its not silicon.

Any ideas on how to loosen the bond to remove the hob.

My understanding is hob has a metal lip that attaches to the worktop at
the sides.
The worktop is granite. Any prising to release it would crack the glass
hob.

Normally it's either silicone or acrylic. Acrylic can be removed with a grout rake, or just a metal point in a handle. To use this, do _not_ try to pry bits up. Hold the spike upright and run it back and forth rapidly over the sealant, with enough pressure that it steadily breaks up. Again, do not use the spike to dig with.

NT

Thanks for the tips I have passed them on.