Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression
David David is offline

Default Hum Sound in House

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

On 2/18/2017 10:34 AM, Kelly Ann Conway wrote:
On 2/18/2017 12:40 PM, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 2/18/2017 8:14 AM, Tbu62 wrote:
replying to norminn, Tbu62 wrote:
I have the same thing in 2 different homes. A very subtle 60 Hertz hum
that
drives me crazy. It's noticeable everywhere inside both houses. I
strongly
suspect the structures are resonating the vibrations from the
surrounding
electrical grid. (why not, flowing energy creates resonance in the wires
and
pipes)....

Curiously, if that is the correct word for it, I, too, hear a curious
humming sound in my home. It starts around six o'clock nearly every
evening. It resembles an electric motor...the hum of an electric
motor, to be more exact. I walk around the house and the noise seems
to be coming for everywhere. It's as loud in the front of the house
as it is in the back. Maybe I got wax in my ears.....but if that were
the case, wouldn't I be hearing less of the noise?

Please help me figure this one out.

Shut all your breakers off. Does the hum go away?

Turn them back on, one at a time, checking for hum.

Thank you my dear. I'll have the butler look at them.

Hello.