Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B.[_3_] John B.[_3_] is offline

Default Modern car paint and rust

On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 20:39:46 -0800 (PST), Garrett Fulton
wrote:

On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 11:22:10 PM UTC-5, Clare wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 17:56:25 -0800 (PST), Garrett Fulton

Don't have to read it. I was a mechanic for many years. They've been
doing it for years. I've worked on a lot of vehicles with the "idiot
guage" including my last Chryslers and my 1885 Pontiac Trans Sport
3.8. Most of them can't even be converted to a full guage by
replacing the sensor because they do NOT have a resistor in the
circuit. The meter is designed to go half scale when the sensor is
grounded.

I'll accept it if you saw it that much. Ford was the only one I'd known about. I was an airline mechanic. We sure had nothing like that. Just my .02, but it seems like deceiving a buyer to sell him a car with an oil pressure gauge that is nothing but an idiot light.

Well, I was an airplane mechanic too and if I remember all the
instruments has colored marks on them to tell the Engineer when the
oil pressure (for example) got too low :-)

As for the guys in the front seats, they had a big loud warning bell,
buzzer. siren, to tell the drivers when they slowed down too much :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.