Posted to alt.home.repair
songbird songbird is offline

Default Faucet seat installation woes...

dpb wrote:

Have meeting in a little while; thought I'd have time to fix the
downstairs sink faucet drip before going...wrong!

Couldn't manage to get the new seats into the recesses; as the picture
of a kit linked to shows, the seats have a flair at the bottom and since
the seat housing is an inch or so below the top of the housing, and it's
only the diameter of the cartridge can't do more than stick one finger
down the hole, I could not get them to start...

Anybody here messed w/ one of these with any success...is there an
installation tool that constrains the OD to let you push it into place,
maybe? Didn't find anything in quick look-see...

i just did a sink that had been dripping for
several years (if we had the handle down straight,
but if we put it off to one side or the other it
would not drip). had the same sort of problem
where trying to get the springs and black rubber
things to fit in. managed to use another small
screwdriver to nudge them enough that they'd go in
when i was pressing down. took a bit of dexterity
that perhaps some people could not manage.

i guess patience is called for. which during
a quick expected fix may not be what you have...

good luck.

the tool i needed the most was the strap wrench.
it was a challenge to get that to fit on the small
faucet top, but by golly it worked once i got the
angle right.

songbird