Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Modern car paint and rust

On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 21:11:10 -0600, Ignoramus27375

On 2017-02-22, wrote:
Stainless never used under the hood - nor Galvanized We used to use
either electro-zinc or more commonlt cadmium plating - but it is
virtually impossible to do cadmium plating in North America today with
EPA rules. The choice is plain steel American bolts or Chinese
Cadmium. What would YOUR choice be???

spray everything with oil twice a year is my choice

That method is likely quite ecologically disastrous, Ig.
Perhaps not as bad as cad, but using something which does not wash off
would be better.

--
In order to become the master, the politician poses as the servant.
--Charles de Gaulle