Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Modern car paint and rust

On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 13:43:15 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Garrett Fulton wrote:
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 1:43:44 PM UTC-5, Christopher Tidy wrote:
Hi folks,

Quick question. Many cars from the 1980s used to rust badly. Sometime in the 1990s, this changed - and quite suddenly. Does anyone know what specific changes were made to the paint composition and surface treatment? I can only find vague allusions in most articles.

Thanks,

Chris

Here's how cheap Ford is.

I was looking at something about the new 2018 Mustang and they were saying it was the largest V8 ever installed. I don't remember if it was for just among Mustangs or Fords in general or in anything else though.

Definitely not the BIGGEST, but very likely the most powerful. I very
much doubt it is larger than 429 cu inches (just over 7 liters) which
is the largest Mustang V8 of the past - and definitely not over 460 cu
inches (7.5 liters) which was I believe the largest stock ford
passenger car engine. or the 534 cu inch (8.75 liter) truck V8