Alexander Galkin

Default Proper drainage

Of cause I am not sure that improper slope is the only or at least major
source of the problem. But I have some evidence that makes me think so.
First, the water only seeps a little during heavy rain ONLY from that side
of the house that has improper slope. It seeps through the place when wall
connects to the floor. The floor and the wall have no cracks. During rest of
the year there is no water and even there is no any water on sump pump pit
bottom that resides along the "problematic" side of the basement. I also
thin that creating proper slope id the first step (after gutters of cause
but they're fine and I clean them 3-4 times a year). If I realize that after
creating proper slope away from the house the water still seeps I will think
of next step. I also don't want just to add a couple of inches of soil to
create a soil slope. I don't think it is proper way to create a slope. I
would think there should be drain tile installed combined with maybe gravel
or crashed stones or something else to drain water away from the house more
efficiently. The is exactly the question that I posted.

"Java Man (Espressopithecus)" wrote in message
ble.net...
In article ,
says...
The soil around one side of my house has improper slope towards the

house. I
need to fix this. I want to know what's the proper way to create a slope
away from the house to eliminate any water seepage in the basement.

I think more information is needed to give you an answer.

Are you sure that the slope is the problem? It seems you're assuming
that the water doesn't actually seep through the soil, but runs over it
to the foundation wall. Is that really how the water gets in? Is there
a risk that all you'll do by sloping the ground away from the house is
add a few more inches of earth through which the water will soak to end
up in your basement anyway?

believe just putting more soil to create the slope just be the soil

itself
is not the best way to do this. I am not going to create a French drain,
just want to fix a slope problem.

Are you sure it's just a slope problem?

Rick