Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to unbond bond

On 22/02/17 22:04, TimW wrote:
On 22/02/17 21:57, ss wrote:
Ok I dont have access to this, email from son.
They have an induction hob and the hob has been bonded to the work top
at either side. Apparently its not silicon.

Any ideas on how to loosen the bond to remove the hob.

My understanding is hob has a metal lip that attaches to the worktop at
the sides.
The worktop is granite. Any prising to release it would crack the glass
hob.

I have never heard of such a thing and think it is unlikely but it is
just possible that a hob might be glued around the edge. Not a practice
anyone would recommend. If it is so the adhesive could be anything.
Granite fitters have their coloured paste adhesive/filler although many
favour silicone. Could be araldite.

Anyway, penetrating oil could get underneath it - granite is porous.

Granite is of course not porous.

Heat from a domestic iron might have some effect.

Or try pixie dust.

TW

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly