Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Best place for a hobbiest to buy small amounts of parts?

In article , says...

With eBay you can have the same lame conversation with the seller
*before* the purchase. I don't consider getting questions answered by
other buyers to be the proper way to get help. But then you can
converse with other buyers who may not have all good to say about the item.

I will say I bought an Amazon branded shredder once which was the lowest
price I could find for a unit of that capability with free shipping as
well. The unit works great and I have no complaints which is rare with
me.

I'm just not comfortable with buying from unknown quantities on Amazon.
The few times I did it I wasn't happy and I'm not comfortable with the
overall process. If I can't contact the seller, why should I buy
anything from them?

Most of the new things of any big price I order from any place is
something I already know about. I have orderd from ebay from China many
items less than $ 25 and have been satified.

I have ordered some items off ebay that I look on Youtube to see if
anyone has done a review on them. Good thing about ebay is you can look
at a venders feedback and if they have done lots of business and have a
rating of around 99 or beter then I feel good about them.

The way I see it, Amazon has ratings on the products but not on the
outside venders.I ordered a book from one of the Amazon venders and did
not get in about 3 weeks I tried 2 times to send them an email and did
not get a response. Went to Amazons problem page and got credited in
less than a week by them.