Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tommy MacDonald's new shop

MJ wrote in
:

While, Tommy is no Norm, he does some interesting projects, he's
speech pattern is a bit off putting but he's a friendly guy according
to people I know who have worked with him. Currently, he's been
showing a series of shows where he's built a new shop. This week, we
got a peak at the equipment he's put into it.

Wow! He's got all top of the line, or appears to have, European style
equipment. Sliding table saw that is also a planner and joiner, one of
those huge sanders (kind like what Norm had), etc. It's possible he's
going to do more jobs outside of the show, but chee-whiz it's hard to
relate to a project when someone is using equipment that is more
expensive then the sum of all the tools in my shop!

What do you think?

MJ

I watched the first episode of the build series, and he's got a nice
building going up. Can't say I've watched much of his other stuff, just
never got drawn in...

He did build a pair of sawhorses using just a CMS and a circular saw and
hammer. I would have bought mine, there's a stamped aluminum version out
there that is quite good, especially if you catch them on sale for less
than $10 each. (Menards has the usable cheap ones, Lowes carries a
similar version for almost twice the price.)

Puckdropper