Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default PTFEed Joints weeping

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
When you say compression tee, do you mean the pipe has an olive on
it?

Like an ordinary compression fitting (that takes pipe with olive) except
that one end is reversed, ie male not female. It thus has a nut on that
screws onto another fitting. I've added 2 threaded extension pieces, one
on each port, to make the combined fitting long enough to reach both
pipe and ballcock.

It probably doesn't help, but I'd have done all of that using end feed
solder fittings. Which if you take care, never leak.

Very difficult to get a good joint on a pipe that still has water around.
I wouldn't wave a blowlamp near a plastic water tank, either,

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England