Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Faucet seat installation woes...

Have meeting in a little while; thought I'd have time to fix the
downstairs sink faucet drip before going...wrong!

Couldn't manage to get the new seats into the recesses; as the picture
of a kit linked to shows, the seats have a flair at the bottom and since
the seat housing is an inch or so below the top of the housing, and it's
only the diameter of the cartridge can't do more than stick one finger
down the hole, I could not get them to start...

Anybody here messed w/ one of these with any success...is there an
installation tool that constrains the OD to let you push it into place,
maybe? Didn't find anything in quick look-see...

Gotta' run now, will do some looking in town before coming home after
meeting and a funeral that must attend thereafter so will be a while so
if there are questions and no answers forthcoming, that'll be why....