Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Clock repairer recommendations

wrote:
I appreciate that this is OT for a DIY group, but can anyone recommend a
good clock repairer, ideally in Yorkshire?

The broken clock has been overwound, so I guess that means a new
mainspring. It's a mid 20th century novelty clock, fashioned in wood
after an animal figure, with moving eyes. I think it is continental
(Belgian, specifically).

The owner has a sentimental attachment to it and is really keen to get it
running again. The nearest repair shop seemed less than keen to fiddle
with it, but I'm not sure what the issue was, nor the extent of the
competence of said shop. A definitive answer from an expert would be ideal.

Cheers.

Terry.

This might be a good starting place.
http://bhi.co.uk/find-a/how-to-find-a-professional/