Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Progress on the Office File Cabinets

On 2/21/2017 7:45 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 12:58:10 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

Excuse me, get it right. If you were to run a machine shop in San
Antonio, it would be "uh yeah... sombitch... I guess I grind up a
little metal now and then when I get a chance..."

Are you playing hookie today? ;~)

Nah. We had two or three tornadoes touch down here followed by a few
inches of heavy rain and wind. Had to field a lot of phone calls for
roof inspections, leak calls, etc. I have another client that is
suing one of her tenants in a shopping center I do work on, and they
needed some updated language in one of my inspection reports to take
to their attorneys. Then I found out some of the special match paint
I had made for a big repair job didn't match from one room to
another... the client forgot to tell me that they had the room
repainted some time back, so my paint didn't match exactly and it was
never an issue since the other contractor painted the whole room.
The house is a little under 13,000 sq ft, and ALL rooms are supposed
to be the same color on the walls. So the phone discussion with them
was who was to pay for 1) painting the whole room again, not just a
wall as planned, or 2) match the paint that didn't match the rest of
the house and paint one wall. They are paying me a pretty good chunk
of change, so they feel they shouldn't be responsible for any other
costs, but my contracts are pretty specific.

I had a headache after a few hours of that, so I thought I would
check here to see how the discussion of rusting brake lines and
proper labeling and applications of certain lubricants was going.

=^0 ;^)

Robert

It's ALWAYS something....