Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk[_3_] Tim Daneliuk[_3_] is offline

Default [OT] Motion Sensing Light

I know this is OT, but there is sufficient genius here that I'd take a stab
at this.

So the latest project is for a home where some rocket scientist
remodeled it (pretty well, actually), but failed to put a wall
switch in the laundry room. This is roughly a 10x10 area with the lamp
(a standard hallway style glass dome) more or less centered on it with
a pull string. This is untenable for the homeowner when it is dark.

I've tried the eSenLite - in fact two of them - and they have the same
defect - the delay timer to shutoff simply does not work. It either
shuts down after a few seconds or stays on for many minutes - the middle
adjustments don't work.

So - ideally - what I need is something that will fit into the existing
fixture as a bulb that will turn on- and off, strictly based on motion,
not ambient light. Failing that, a quality fixture replacement is not
out of the question.

Ideas?