Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PTFEed Joints weeping

On Tuesday, 21 February 2017 19:03:50 UTC, tabby wrote:
3 plumbing joints done with ptfe tape all leak. I mostly don't use ptfe to seal joints. 2 of the joints are 15mm compression tee (with one male end, one female end) onto an extension piece, the other is extension piece onto brass threaded ballcock. 1.5 turns of yellow/gas ptfe tape each, all neatly in place. I admit to not being clear how the nut would seal to the tee it's on. The one joint done with fibre washer & gloop works fine of course, but I don't think that approach can be used with the other joints.

I'm clearly making a basic mistake here. Did I mention I don't like plumbing?

NT

Here's the steward of the bar in question
http://i66.tinypic.com/xoprer.jpg

NT