Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phoena Greene[_3_] Phoena Greene[_3_] is offline

Default CONSUMER ELECTRONICS DIY REPAIR?

wrote in message
Not sure if this is the right place but I certainly will appreciate any
input anyone can give me.

I have a Homedics back massager that I purchased at Walmart for $100. I
refuse to just throw it away and purchase a new one (as our manufacturers
want us to do).

You're acting like $100 is like a month's rent or a car payment. What does
$100 get you these days? Sitre Magana can spend that in a week just stuffing
his fat ****ing face.

It has, I think, some sort of short or something that's preventing it from
working correctly. It only starts sometimes and quickly stops.

I want to fix it myself, if possible.

I think it could use a replacement wire from the transformer to the unit
(the OEM wire seems too thin and it may already be damaged inside).

Thing is, the transformer does not have screws to open it and I don't know
how to so I can put it back together.

I usually get them open with either a hammer or by throwing them on the
concrete. Which ever way works for you.

Can anyone answer my questions and, perhaps, guide me along a bit?

(iFixIt.com seems to only focus on computer and phone devices.)

Thank you for reading this.