Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Where have all the VCRs gone? [UPDATE]

On Tuesday, 21 February 2017 19:09:53 UTC, NY wrote:
"JoeJoe" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 19/02/2017 23:58, JoeJoe wrote:
I think I know the straight answer to the question, but...

I am looking for a working PAL VCR to digitise some VHS tapes for a
friend.

As luck would have it, I binned our old VCR last year after doing the
same for our old tapes, thinking that it would not be needed any more.

I put ads on Gumtree and Freecycle a few days ago, and also searched on
eBay (for local ones), but nothing apart from a few silly-priced ones on
eBay.

I will be in the tip tomorrow and plan to speak to the guys there to see
if they happen to have any.

Failing that, any other suggestions as to where to get hold of one from?
I will only need it for approx one day.

Went to the tip again earlier today, and the guys kept a working VCR for
me as promised.

I am planning to use one of these to capture the videos:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1416077784...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

but unfortunately the VCR I now have only has one output - a SCART.

I have one of these in a draw somewhe
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCART-Adap...IAAOSwI3RW8k-M

but the audio connections on both the SCART adapter and the capture device
are all female.

Would one of these make everything work?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triple-3-x... VbkyKvLwQtMtw

Sorry, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to all these antique fittings€¦

LOL "antique" :-)

that's what I thought. But in fairness many of the connectors in use today are antique, including RCA/phono.

NT