Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Progress on the Office File Cabinets

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 9:02:09 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

That's it. I was trying envision how your joinery was coming together when all I could see was part of the overhead profile. I still think you should be running a machine shop...

Seriously, that's some great work, even more so thinking how fast you turn it out.

I will be using Domino mortises to form slots in the MDO that is pocket
holed in the top corners. Pocket hole screws, just because of the large
washer heads, will come up through the bottom of the MDO into the bottom
side of the tops. And there will be moldings around the top of the
front and sides of the cabinet just under the top.

Something like this for the slots.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

A picture is worth a thousand words. That really helped me along with your description to understand that you were cutting a small slot only, almost as if you were using a router with a limiter jig. I was was thinking... surely he doesn't love the big green machine enough to cut a /continuous/ mortise across the top. A small slot with the Domino really looks clean, neat, and functional.

As before, good stuff!

Robert